2) You don't have 30 minutes you can spare? I don't believe you.
3) You really don't have 30 minutes? The President finds time to exercise. So can you.
4) If you get out there 3-4 times in one week, it actually starts sucking less, and after a couple weeks, your body actually starts craving it.
5) Just run until you can't run anymore. You don't have to kill yourself over it, just go. Every time you go you're doing yourself a favor, and next time you'll be able to go further.
6) If you let more than three days pass between runs, you'll regress. See rule #1.
7) Unless you really enjoy running, which I don't, you don't need to run more than about 3 miles at a time to be fit. If you still have some time after that, you should move on to other things, like core strengthening, flexibilty, balance, and power (that's the actual order of my priorities).